How the Career Works
Generally, the reason so many companies have started adopting SAP technology, which originated in Germany, is that the different components can be implemented in multiple ways in order to meet the needs of the specific company. That means even if you have some experience working with SAP in one company you may have a very different experience in another firm. That doesn’t mean your past experience won’t be useful. In fact, your past experience is going to be a tremendous asset, especially if you’ve held SAP basis jobs.
SAP basis jobs are at the heart of the enterprise software and include its programming language. If you know how to work with this program, you’ll definitely be in demand. With all of this in mind, you can see some of the diverse fields in which your experience with SAP could become your biggest asset.
- Environmental – In this field, SAP technology is used to help manage regulations and to ensure compliance. The program works well because it allows for complex management of these different aspects. Additionally, other database information can be combined with the regulations to provide an overview.
- Financial – One of the biggest users of the technology has to be the financial sector. As you can imagine, this industry has plenty to manage. You can use SAP to keep track of accounts receivables, accounts payables, general ledgers, and more. These cannot just be managed through the software but also need to be reported externally and shared with others in the financial offices.
- Insurance – In the insurance field, SAP is valuable because it allows agents and companies to manage large amounts of data more effectively. They need to be able to track and control the policies of all their customers and the details of those policies easily. At the same time, they need ways to manage risk and to increase their profitability. No ordinary software can deliver such diverse results.
- Manufacturing – Although factories may be a dying breed in North America, SAP technology has been widely implemented in the companies that are left. These programs can help manage every aspect of the manufacturing process. From tracking each stage of production to monitoring levels of supplies, the software can be an asset and an easy option for effective management, especially throughout large factories.
- Medical – Nothing can help a hospital staff manage their patients’ needs better than SAP technology. The program can be utilized the moment the patient checks in. His or her medical files can be instantly accessed through the database and checked with test results from another database. Details about appointments and other medical events can be viewed instantly and the files can be easily updated with a few finger strokes at the keyboard.
- Human Resources – If you’ve ever worked in the human resources department, you may already know how challenging it can be to keep track of dozens or even hundreds of workers. This software helps make that easier by keeping track of all the details for each employee in easy to access ways. No matter what information you need it can be accessed through the enterprise software.
- Sales – Any good sales person knows you need a smart way to track leads, the progress of the leads, and closing sales. SAP software is ideal for this need.
While the careers above do represent some of the fields you could enter with your SAP knowledge, they are only a fraction of the possibilities. Cell phone companies, greeting card manufacturers, and many other companies are in need of professionals with a background in this technology. That could be you.
Or consider SAP security jobs. This is another growing field that has attracted many industries. You could also consider becoming a SAP consultant or trainer. Both are profitable options if you know the enterprise software well. Consider this: every company that implements the software in its firm is going to require massive amounts of training for all employees. Can you imagine how much profit potential is available here?
Of course, you should also realize that to qualify for such positions, you’re going to need a great deal of experience. Consider making a strong reputation for yourself in positions in the above industries. Once you have a good amount of experience under your belt you’ll be ready to tackle training and consulting positions. And remember that SAP jobs themselves can be extremely lucrative on their own.